Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!  While I'm sitting here waiting for the (maybe) three trick-or-treaters we usually get I thought I'd show this pumpkin wallhanging I recently made...

I actually made two.  One for me and one for my daughter-in-law's office (she says she's been getting compliments all week on it at work!)  I forgot to take a picture of hers, but her borders all match. 

Edited to add a photo of Raqhel's quilt (with the matching borders) that she kindly sent to me...


How lazy was I when I realized I didn't have enough to finish the top and bottom border for the second one and instead of taking off the two sides and going with a different fabric all around, I just used a different print on the top and bottom.  Oh well, it's going in the window and you won't be able to see it from the street (you know, that "galloping horse" thing - I  use it alot)

I did a buttonhole stitch in black around the applique and a meander in the background.  I think they came out really cute!


I found this fabric to back them with.  Must have been a Kenny's Flea Market Find, because I know I didn't buy this! 

I didn't get a chance to finish this guy before Halloween though...
He still needs to have the applique stitched and his borders put on.

I saw these cute patterns when I was desperately looking for the backing fabric for the red & white wedding quilt.  I couldn't resist buying it.  The pattern is from a line called "Seasonal Skinnies" from Ribbon Candy Quilt Company.

Not only were they quick and easy to make, but I made them all from stash!  I love that!

And, exciting news - Lilly won the prize for the "prettiest costume" at her camp Halloween party today.   She was Minnie Mouse ....this is from another Halloween, but it's the same costume and she doesn't really change much from year to year - LOLOL!
Don't eat too much candy!!
ALSO EDITED to add that we got NO trick-or-treaters this Halloween (guess who will be eating too much candy)!!

7 comments:

Diane said...

your pumpkin skinny is so cute and the ghost too. I love quick holiday projects like those.

Karen said...

These are lovely wall hangings. I would enjoy seeing them hanging in your window and I wouldn't be on any sort of horse! They look great.

Kate said...

Have a Happy Halloween yourself. Our doorbell has sounded almost non-stop tonight, I'd gladly share our trick or treaters with you!

Cut pumkin. I'm a major fan of the galloping horse rule too. It's a life saver!

Lynn said...

Those skinny quilts are really cute. My LQS used to carry several of them. I'm not sure if they still do since they changed owners.

We had a pretty slow Halloween this year. We've had as many as 350 trick-or-treaters in the past. I'm not sure we had 100 this year.

Gretchen said...

Those pumpkins are cute. I especially like the design choice of different borders top and sides. ;)

And your ghost looks awfully happy to be one!

Ivory Spring said...

Love the pumpkins. Your DIL is spoiled - I am a bit jealous! :)

Candace said...

I love pumpkin wall hangings. I made one last year (using as table topper)and then gave it away thinking that I'd make another really quickly. I still haven't done so but hope to before next Thanksgiving. I love both of yours, I don't think the two fabrics for the border detracts at all, just another design element.