Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back to reality!

Vacation's over...it's just a distant memory now.   It's amazing how quickly you get right back into the swing of things.  It was a great trip, but we were gone 12 days and I was ready to come home (it was too hot and my feet hurt - LOL!)

But, it was a GREAT trip.  Vacation's always fun, but we said this was one of the best.  Everything went very   smoothly and there were definitely "magical" moments (how can there not be at Disney!). Even when we presented ourselves at the Philly airport hotel the night before our flight and were told they didn't have a reservation for us, but were able to find us a room anyway even though there was a convention in town and every hotel was "full" (I'm still not sure whose fault that was - mine or the hotels')  Or, when we got to Disney World and I realized I'd forgotten to bring the park tickets I bought earlier in the summer.  Everything was taken care of with no problem.  Whew!  We also met some great folks!

We started off on a cruise...on the new Disney ship, the Dream....

A bit bigger than the other two Disney ship, but just as lovely.  Our first afternoon on board we spotted a young lady - must have been in her early 20s - she had a short, dark bob and was wearing a very early 1900s looking dress.  Like something you would have seen lady passengers on the Titanic wearing.  Then I looked down at her shoes - same thing and I realized she was GOING for that look. It was so neat.  We saw her a couple other times on the cruise and she was similarly costumed.  I was dying to ask her about it, but, of course, didn't.  One of my favorite nights on cruises is formal night.  I love to see everyone milling around in their finery.
The main lobby
We had a couple of stops at one of my favorite places....Castaway Cay.  A true island paradise.  Every time we're there, I really know I'm on vacation!
We then spent 5 days in the World.  But I didn't take any photos because they would look the same as the photos from the last umpteen trips..  Although I could have scanned the photo of my husband in a tu-tu when he was picked to the "the star" at the Hoop de Doo Revue, but that wouldn't be nice - he he he he.  (He saw me writing this and said if there was enough demand, he'd consider letting me post it - LOLOL!  He is such a ham - that's how he got in that predicament in the first place!)

But alas, all good things must come to an end (and besides, I was having withdrawal and couldn't wait to get back to my sewing machine - really!)

So, since we've been back, I've been frantically working on the Ghastlies...

Got the star blocks mostly done.  Of course, I ran out of the Tree fabric before I got the last borders on and had to order more today.  That's been par for the course with this quilt.  It's the 3rd time I've had to order fabric.
The scene blocks are all done...here are a few...
And I expect to have the quilting on Going Beachin' done this weekend.  I'm just doing a meander in white, but I think it suits the quilt.  Sometimes simple is best!


It's so good to be sewing again!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome home! Looks like a great vacation with lots of sunshine.
Lovely to see the sewing too. I do like both quilts. The beach one looks like great fun.

Gretchen said...

I would be very jealous of all your Disneying if it weren't for the fact that we are going for my birthday next May. It has been more than 6 years!

Kate said...

Looks like lots of fun was has by all. Love your Ghastlies, very cool!

Becky said...

lol, would love to see your hubby in a tutu! HAHA! Love all of your projects. Can't wait to see the beachin quilt in person. Are you keeping that one for yourself?

Luanne said...

So happy (or is it jealous?) that you had a great cruise! Beautiful pictures - both of cruise and quilts!

Ivory Spring said...

Oooo.... it looked like you went to paradise for your vacation! :)

Love those pink stars amidst the trees.

Connie said...

What a wonderful vacation! Your Ghastlies looks so neat!

Linda said...

Your vacation looks just amazing!!! Beautiful pics!!

Your blocks are great. Love the Ghastlies fabric!!

Linda said...

Quilting is pretty too!! :-)