Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Blast from the Past - The Bridges of Madison County Quilt

Since I'm on vacation and am probably not sewing anything, I thought I'd schedule a post and show a quilt I made (actually, it's still in progress - LOL!) in my very early quilting days.  It's quite different than the quilts I do today.

Presenting the the Bridges of Madison County Quilt.  "Bridges" is one of my favorite movies.  I remember being so excited to find a pattern based on the book/movie.  It's a nice sampler with a little piecing, a little applique - and some very little pieces which I noticed when I pulled it out of the box and looked at it again..
This quilt has some really fun blocks.  See the "corn cobs" and the snake?  I love the corn & beans blocks up top too.

Here are closeups of some of the blocks...



I see I started hand quilting it.  Since I just took that hand quilting class, I guess it would be a good thing if I finished this!

Look at this backing - it a Hummel fabric!  Now where in the heck did I find that?  I know I picked it up because my grandmother collected Hummels and I thought it was cool.  That was a long time ago - LOLOL!
It might not be cool, but it is sentimental.

Hope you enjoyed this "blast from the past"!

3 comments:

Diane said...

very cool backing fabric and love the quilt top-have a great vacation!

Linda said...

Gorgeous quilt!!! Have a great vacation!!

Ivory Spring said...

So adorable - there's so much to look at in this quilt! I love it.