Thursday, September 15, 2011

Last week...

 The red and white quilt got finished on time!  Here it is in all its glory on my kitchen floor...
Even my 13-year-old grandson saw it and proclaimed it "Awesome!"  (Gotta love that kid  he likes quilts!)
Here's the label...
 Not sure if you can see the quilting or not in these photos...

Sure hope the bride & groom like it!

Last week I also took a hand-quilting class at The Village Quilter with Didi Salvatierra.  It was an all-day class and a lot of fun (I always have fun at a quilt class).  What I found out was I'm not as bad at hand quilting as I thought I was!  The class covered everything from marking, layering, to the quilting.  Didi's a lot of fun too.  There was actually a student in the class who had gone to High School with Didi and it was the first time they'd seen each other in something like 42 years!

Here's what I got done that day...


Of course, you know you can't go to a quilt shop and not some home with something....


And they had some of these pot holders made up and I couldn't resist buying the pattern.  Guess what people are getting for Christmas this year??  LOL!


Now, we're off to vacation!

8 comments:

Becky said...

The red and white quilt is gorgeous! I LOVE IT! what a fantastic gift. Great goodies too from your class. Have a great time on vacation!

Luanne said...

Beautiful!!!

Pat said...

Absolutely stunning quilt! You should be quite proud of yourself!!!

Lynn said...

Red and white quilt is spectacular!

Karen said...

Your quilt does look great and the quilt pattern is perfect. I agree with your grandson!
Love the idea of doing some hand quilting too.
Have a wonderful holiday!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This quilt is AMAZING!!

Barb said...

Gorgeous red and white quilt, and yes the quilting is showing...very nicely done, and your label is perfect! I can't imagine the bride and groom not liking it...Ilove it and so will they! Fun taking classes, that is why my granddaughter and I fill our days at Hershey Quilt Odyssey, exhausting but we learn so much while having fun with the other class members! Enjoy your vacation!

Linda said...

Red and White quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE it!! Beautiful quilting!! Looks like you've picked up a few goodies. Terrain is just gorgeous!!