Friday, September 9, 2011

Going Beachin'!

What do you get the you combine the Going Coastal collection by Emily Herrick....

With Crazy Old Ladies' Beachin' Pattern?
 

Going Beachin'!

That's what I'm calling my quilt.  I didn't get to go to the shore this summer and when I saw this line I knew I had to have some of it in my life.  I thought the Beachin' pattern showed off these fun fabrics perfectly.

I just love this bottle cap fabric....I also bought enough for the backing...
Here were my first few rounds...
 
And I would have had it done last weekend, but only got this far...


Because I didn't have enough Blue Crabs!!!  How annoying, but more crabs are crawling my way as we speak and I should be able to to finish up this quilt before we leave for vacation next week!
I can't wait to cuddle up and pretend I'm at the beach (okay, I know you don't generally cuddle up in a quilt when you're at the beach, but you know what I mean - LOL!)!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I saw that fabric in the Hancock's of Paducah catalog I just got. I wondered if those were bottle caps or just circles. Very cute fabric and pattern!

Pat said...

What a great quilt! And not the least bit crabby.

Karen said...

This looks like very good fun. Hope those crabs hurry up!

Becky said...

Oh I LOVE this fabric. Don't tell me we are going to have another of the same quiltS! LOL. Actually - I really want to get some and make a beach/tote bag out of it. Where did you get yours from?

Kate said...

Very cute. Love the colors.

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, those fabrics are yummy-licious!

Thanks for entering my giveaway. :)