Saturday, October 29, 2011

October?

Ha ha ha , very funny.  You can stop now...


Good thing it's not Halloween tonight!  There's at least two inches of slushy snow out there and it's still going strong!  Unbelievable.  Hopefully, this is not an indication of how the rest of winter is going to be.

Luckily, I had nowhere to go today and have been sewing for most of it. I thought I'd be able to get The Ghastlies top finished.  It's not to be.  This is as far as I got...
As has been par for the course for me lately, I ran out of fbric.  This is all I could eke out of the bramble fabric to surround the four cornerstone blocks ...
So, the two remaining borders will have to wait.  Luckily, I was able to find some more online (it's becoming a little hard to find, so good thing I found out I need more now!)

And, just for the record (and maybe this will make it feel a little  bit warmer), here's Going Beachin' all finished...

Going Beachin'
62"x74"
Started: 8/28/2011 Finished: 9/28/2011
Fabric: "Going Coastal" by Emily Herrick;  Pattern: "Beachin'" by Crazy Old Ladies
 

Now, I'm off to make some Brunswick Stew for dinner this cold, snowy October night!

7 comments:

Kate said...

We didn't get snow, but it was 27 this morning. When did it become winter?

The Ghastlies quilt is looking great. Congrats on getting Goin Beachin done.

~Niki~ said...

well we have our a/c on currently, cannot win. lol. i live in AZ

Karen said...

Well, that's a bit of a surprise. And very early too, I think.
Good luck chasing up your ghastlie fabric.
But it's great to see Going Beachin' finished. It looks so good!
Stay warm!

Linda said...

Loving the Ghastlies!!!!!

I know, can you believe this snow???!!!! We didn't get that much, but it still caused me to curse. :-)

Lynn said...

The snow was at my house on Wednesday. It didn't last long and we've warmed back up since then. Hoping the same for you!

Ghastlies is looking super! As is a finished Going Beachin'!

Stephanie said...

What a fun setting for the Ghastlies. Sorry about your snow -- Ohio wasn't in the path of odd weather.

Ivory Spring said...

It looks like snow was exactly what you needed to get those pretties made. :)