Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kenny's Flea Market Finds

Ken was on the hunt for Halloweeny-things last weekend and found this spooky fabric at one of the yard sales he stopped at - skulls, googly eyeballs and skeletons - our daughter loves it!  (When do they grow out of that - she's 22???)


He also found these 70s-inspired fabrics....

Just adding these to the stash - have absolutely no clue what to do with them.  Although the blue and pink tiny medallion fabric is kind of cute.

 Today, I'm furiously trying to finish up a couple of pumpkin wall hangings - one for me and one for my daughter-in-law.  I'd like to give it to her tomorrow so she has a week or so to enjoy it!

I'm also in the midst of making a butternut squash and apple soup.  I've never had butternut squash soup, but people rave over it and I found a recipe for it last week so thought I'd give it a try.  If it's a hit, I'll share!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Ooooh, pretty, pretty fabrics. I like the eyeballs especially.

Lynn said...

I like the tiny medallion one too. The skeleton one is kind of Grateful Dead-ish.

Karen said...

I love the idea that you don't even have to go to the yard sales but fabric is still bought for you!
Perfect.

Pat said...

No if we could put your hubby's fabric finding skills together with my hubby's Featherweight finding skills.......

Ivory Spring said...

Okay, you have a husband who shops for fabrics for you when he is yard-sale-ing! You are spoiled...