Saturday, October 15, 2011

PMQG Sewing Night

I missed our Philly Modern Quilt Guild kick-off meeting for this season because we were on vacation.  I was bummed to have missed member Jessica Levitt's trunk show showcasing the quilts from her new book, Modern Mix (and her new fabric line, Kingdom, is awesome)!

But, I was glad to attend the guild's sew night the Friday after we got back.  It was held at Sew Smart in Doylestown.  I  hadn't been to Sew Smart since the new owner took over.  Wow, wow, wow!  She's got great stuff coming in!

What a fun night we had.  Of course, I had to do some shopping (after all, Kathleen was kind enough to keep the shop open just for us on  a Friday night!)

It was hard to choose without going overboard and I tried to be good.

Because I had gotten some Circa 1934 charm packs earlier, I figured getting some yardage was a good move.  I love this typewriter key fabric - will make a great quilt back (and besides I type like 120 WPM!  It's one of my "gifts" LOLOLOL)  And I thought the other fabric would make a nice border.  Now, to figure out what quilt to make with it all!

 

And these Halloween fabrics screamed "take me home" as soon as I walked in the shop...

This was a splurge.  I saw a quilt, called Baby Log Cabin, hanging up and fell in love.  I asked about it and Kathleen said there was a class.  So, of course, I signed up for the class and bought the fabric right away.  I don't think this stuff is going to be around for long.  The bird print is  Joel Dewberry.


 Then, after all the shopping (and giving Becky my two cents when she was shopping too - LOLOL), we decided we were hungry and all trooped out to the local pizza shop to get some food.  We all got soaked bringing our pizza back to shop when it decided to rain on our parade!  Between shopping, chatting and eating, this was all the sewing I got done...

Really, that was all I had to show for 3 hours! But, it was all good. It was more about hanging out with quilting friends than how much sewing I got done. I had a great time and can't wait until we do it again!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you had tons and tons of fun despite the 'rain on your parade'. :-)

Lynn said...

Oh I agree! Getting together and having fun is more important than how much progress you make on the project you brought to work on.

You made some beautiful purchases!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

ohmygoodness... those grey and citrine fabrics are fabulous. Wow! I'm drooling over here.

Carrie P. said...

I joined a modern quilt guild in my area too. But I had to miss the second meeting due to a traffic accident. ugh!
great fabrics you will be working with. Love the gray and yellows.

Kate said...

Gorgeous fabrics and some sewing, sounds like a perfect mix.

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

Those fabrics are better than candies!!! :) Do you mind telling me what collection is that pumpkin fabric?