Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kenny's Flea Market Finds - The Mother Lode!

Sometimes I am really glad my husband goes yard sale-ing (is that even a word??) almost every Saturday ... last week he came home with this...

I know it doesn't look like much but, oh my goodness, it's yards and yards of of beautiful, quilt shop fabric.  This pile is mostly Christmas and Fall fabrics with some purples in there.  Most are 1 to 2 yard pieces with maybe a square or a strip cut out with some fat quarters that didn't even have the little sticker taken off yet.  The lady whom he purchased them from said she was moving to Florida and these fabrics didn't "go" down there.  I don't think I'd care, but luckily for me she did!

So, hubby said she had a lot more than the five bags he got.  On Sunday, I mentioned that I wished I'd gone there myself to get some more (because I definitely don't have enough fabric, you know).  He said, let's just go back.  I was nervous because I thought she'd be a little annoyed having this strange man showing up at her house again AFTER the yard sale was over, but my desire to get my paws on more of this awesome fabric won out.  Luckily she was outside with some of her family when we pulled up and she was just as nice as she could be.  She showed me the tub of bags she had left and we asked how much for all of it.  She said $8.  I said here's $10!  Unbelievable!  How generous!  She knows what this is worth....

Twelve more bags of fabric!  Grand total for Saturday and Sunday's haul -- $19.  I had a great time smoothing and sorting and stacking my new fabric and dreaming of what these pieces can become.  

6 comments:

Heather said...

Holy cow! That is awesome :D I love that you got it all for the price of 2 yards of fabric. Your husband gets some kudos :) Have fun making quilts with it.

Pat said...

Wowzer! Those fabrics are very nice; your hubby sure DID hit the mother load. He done good. With my luck, Mr. Deck would come back with a tub full of polyester. I have to give him props, though, for finding my Featherweight at a flea market.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

OMG, You are probably the luckiest person on the planet right now! ha ha. *jealous!
Congrats on the total score!

oldbatt said...

What a great DH to find the fabric and then offer to go back with you on Sunday. You have a find in him and a find in all that wonderful fabric. I had a friend who got a ton of fabric for me from her SIL and it's still wonderful to think about it when I first got it all in my house. I have since given a lot away but still there's no more than a small dent in it all. Enjoy, Lisa

Michelle said...

I'm so ENVIOUS! Way to go. :-)

Lynn Weathers said...

The fabric doesn't "go" in Florida? Are there quilt police at the state line not allowing these fabrics into the state? LOL! I'm glad they were rescued by someone who will appreciate them.