Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Green Quilt!

I can finally reveal the green wedding quilt!  I wasn't sure at all about this at first, but I must say, I really liked it in the end.  It's got about 30 greens in it (all from stash by the way!)


You really can't see it in the photo (I seriously need to find a good place to hang quilts to get good photos), but I wound up using the fabric on the left for the border and binding (and not the premade green binding I showed in my other post about this quilt - it just didn't go and that's fine because I'll just use it for something else)...


I used the Curlz pantograph.  I didn't want anything too flowery or feathery, and this was just the look I was going for...


I found a great wide Hunky Dory by Chez Moi fabric for the back (I hate piecing backs, I may have mentioned that before.  I love the way they look, I just don't like doing it o:) )...

And, to pay homage to the bride's penchant for wearing different colored socks, this is the label I made...

I'm still waiting to hear if the bride & groom like the quilt (they are still on their honeymoon).  I think they will - as you'll see the cake was green and the bride's dress had a green band (it was beautiful)...

It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding...all except for these unvited guests...

 I never saw so many stinkbugs in my life!  There were more stinkbugs than guests.  Eewwwwww.  Other than that - a lovely day!

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Sometimes the simplest patterns are the best, this quilt is just lovely! Great job!!

Quiltbenaco said...

Bellissimo regalo di matrimonio!
Ciao Domenica

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the array of greens. Lucky bride and groom.

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful quilt, Denise! Now, I know why the greens.... :) That green cake is most unique.