Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's Snowing in July!

I've decided to "catch-up" on the Snowbound blocks of the month by making 4 this month and the next 4 in August - then I'll be on track!  Here are the remaining three I finished.....


I mentioned some of the pieces are pretty small and trying to keep the Steam-a-Seam on and cut them out at the same time with my regular sized pins was a little difficult.  I decided it was time to invest in some applique pins.  Look how small these babies are...


I think they'll be just the ticket!  Unfortunately, they didn't arrive until after I finished my 4 blocks, but I can't wait to try to them out next month!

We just returned from meeting a lovely couple out near Lancaster to whom I sold my Pfaff Tiptronic sewing machine.  The Pfaff was my first "good" machine.  I bought it in the late 90s - not too long after I started quilting.  I decided I was a Bernina girl a couple of years after that and the poor Pfaff was just sitting around collecting dust.  I was hoping that either my daughter or daughter-in-law might be bitten by the quilting bug and I could give it one of them, but so far no go.  I finally decided it needed a good home and listed it on Craigslist to try to sell it.  After months of getting either no bites or people emailing once and then never responding again, this lovely lady and I corresponded back and forth for a while.  They are from Ohio but were coming into the Lancaster area for a wedding this weekend.  That's only about an hour and change from us so we took the trip out and met them.  I sure hope she's happy with it!

Bye old friend....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The snowmen blocks are totally delightful! I hope the tiny pins help the process.

Congrats on getting your Pfaff to a new home.