Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Finally Snowbound! And JRS Block #10

Well, I think it's already 8 months in, but I've finally started the Snowbound blocks!!  Yay!  (I am blaming my late start all on the store I tried to purchase the fabric from on-line.  I really, really wanted to use this Rural Jardin fabric for the background along with some others in the line and it was on backorder for what seemed like months. I finally gave up and ordered it from somewhere else. (I think I whined about this before). Anyway, I started last week.  The blocks are so very cute.  Some of the pieces are quite small though, so even though my favorite fusible is Steam-a-Seam 2, it can be a little fidgety to work with on the smaller pieces.  So, I thought, I'll try using the WonderUnder I bought for my large Lady Madonna applique project (because is was soooo much cheaper than S-a-S).  Bad move.  Trying to remove the Wonderunder paper from the back of a teeny tiny carrot nose was next to impossible.  I decided that the rest would be satin-stitched!  Here's the first one...


And, we're still rolling along with the Jelly Roll Sampler - here's block 10 - this one was fun and really quick.  I like it!


I particularly love what one of the gals, Kim, is doing with her Jelly Roll Blocks - a Halloween theme and is embellishing them stitchery.  Her blocks are so cool - she made a Frankenstein face out of Block 5, a pumpkin out of Block 9, and tombstone with Block 10.  So creative!

I looked at my cutting table the other night and was amazed at how messy it was!  I usually keep my work area very neat (I find it hard to work in a mess), but with Snowbounding, Jelly Rolling and this and that...I walked into this...


I had to take 5 minutes to get organized again and all was right in my sewing room o:)

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but I am on a roll with the giveaways!  Last week, I found out I won a gift certificate from Cottage Quilts   for my June Schnibble in A Year of Schnibbles AND this cute embroidery ornament from Brye Lynn at Sew Stitch Create!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Now, I think I'll go play the lottery....

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Your first Snowbound blocks is very cute. Great start. :-)

Michelle said...

Very cute snowman! You did a great job! Love the jelly roll sampler block too.

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

Your blocks are beautiful. I have been wanting to start Snow Bound, but haven't yet.

My cutting area ALWAYS looks disastrous. :) You are in good company, so don't bother cleaning it up... haha!