I wanted to share this quilt that I finished back in November. Using the Short Story pattern from Carrie Nelson's Schnibbles Times 2 book, I made the middle of the quilt in the summer of 2012 and then put it aside to tend to more pressing quilt matters. This was going to be a "just for me" quilt because I love how the pattern and the Sultry by Basic Grey fabrics went together. It's so bright and girly and cheerful.
As soon as I heard the news, I knew I was going to finish this quilt for her. She's vibrant and fun (my hubby calls her "Sparkles") and I decided she needed this quilt more than I did. So, I pulled out the box and quickly finished the borders and infused it with loving and healing thoughts while I quilted it.
I pulled this cute and fun fabric from Bunny Hill's Windsor Lane collection from my stash that I'd been hoarding for the backing.
I gave it to my DIL to give to her step-mom to give to Jacie. I got a lovely note from her telling me how much she appreciated the quilt and the thought and the cheer that it brought her. I knew I'd made the right decision not to keep this one for myself.
I'm linking up to Randi's Show & Tell Tuesdays.
11 comments:
It is a lovely quilt and it looks great. Such a special gift.
beautiful quilt and wonderful gift
A wonderful gift! It's beautiful.
What a lovely quilt, so soft and sweet. Sometimes quilts just make themselves for someone else. You're a sweetie to get it to someone who could certainly use it.
Its a lovely quilt. I have Carrie's book and looked at making it but as you say I have too many other projects to do first! I hope Sparkles gets better soon. I have been there and know it takes it out of you. Susie x
Beautiful quilt, Denise and so lovely of you to give it to sparkles. But that's what we do. The quilts tell us where they should live, don't they?
It's a really beautiful quilt and I love when we know exactly whom the recipient should be.
Beautiful quilt and thoughtful gift.
Aww! I don't think I knew the story behind this one. although my brain is a sieve and i may have forgotten.
It turned out beautifully and I'm sure it brings her much happiness.
What a bright cheerful quilt! It was meant to be with her. Such a generous gift.
such a pretty quilt and what an amazing heart to gift to someone who needed that hug so much.
Post a Comment