Thursday, January 9, 2014

Downton Abbey - A Quilt Retreat!

Do you Downton?? ? We do.  We love all things Downton Abbey in our house.  We wait with excitement for each episode, we re-watch the shows in between seasons and any other show featuring it (we loved the 20/20 special "Secrets of the Castle" that recently aired), we have countless books on that era.  So, when I got the announcement that The Village Quilter was hosting a Downton Abbey Quilt Retreat, I couldn't sign up fast enough!

The retreat is featuring two projects made with the new Downton Abbey line of fabrics from Andover Fabrics. While you can opt to work on your own projects, I'm going to immerse myself in the lovely Downton-inspired fabrics to make this quilt....


 Here is the lovely stack of FQs that I'm precut for the quilt....
 All laid out...
I'll be using the cream fans for my background and the Downton Abbey logo fabric shown above for the backing...

We'll also be making the Manhattan Bag from the leftovers....not sure what "palette" I'm going to use yet - the Dowager Countess's, Lady Mary's, Lady Edith's or Lady Sybil's.

So, I'm off tomorrow morning for a long weekend of pretending I'm back in early 1900s England (yes, with my rotary cutter and computerized sewing machine).  I can't wait to finish my quilt!  You bet I will be snuggled under it during each episode when it's finished!  And, maybe I'll carry my purse with me, just like the Queen!

5 comments:

Susie Q said...

Hi Denise, I hope you have a lovely time on your Quilt Retreat. We love Downton Abbey and I love the new fabrics, but I can't spend anymore money at the moment on fabric!!!! Susie x

Karen said...

It sounds like fun. Have a great time!

Lynn said...

Oh my! That sounds like so much fun. Looking forward to seeing how far you get on the quilt. I need to get some Downton fabric for myself.

Cathy said...

Love Downton Abby and love the fabrics. Will I see the finished product on the 25th? Have a fun, relaxing weekend!

s kendron said...

You are so going to love the new podcast special. Oh Downton is just the best show and I am so jealous of this retreat!!!!!