Monday, June 10, 2013

Wedding Quilt #2

This is Wedding Quilt #2 of the season...but it's Dot Party #5 (and it's NOT the last, I guarantee it - I've already got two more in the queue to make!) Here are links to photos of the previous Dot Parties - Dot Party #1 Dot Party #2 & #3 and Dot Party 4 if you're interested)

The bride and groom, friends of my daughter, are into bikes - big time.  I had some yardage of the blue bike fabric from the Lucy's Crab Shack line...it's getting a little hard to find, but I was able to locate some of  the bike fabric in the orange and green colorways and I paired them all with a light green background.  I did my usual dot party quilting of spirals in the circles and meandering in the outsides...
I used this plaid for the binding and I love the way it looks....
Then I saw this bike wheels fabric from the new Ride line by Julia Rothman for the back - perfect!
Which means I get to keep this awesome Beaches yardage I was originally going to use for the back of my in-progress quilt using my Going Coastal scraps (but that's a whole other blog post! o:)
I'm still waiting to hear how the bride & groom liked the quilt.


6 comments:

Lynn said...

I didn't realize how many bike theme prints have come out recently. Interesting. Love that pattern!

Ivory Spring said...

I love love love this! You have definitely not been sitting around doing nothing with all the lovely projects you have going on!

Hugs!

Karen said...

Lovely idea with the bike theme. Another gorgeous quilt!!

Kate said...

What a fun quilt!

treasureboxmemories said...

Where can I find the fabric with the names of the beaches on it?

Denise in PA said...

To Treasureboxmemories - I tried to email, but you are a no-reply blogger so thought I'd comment here - I hope you see this! That fabric is from the Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater line from Moda. It's called "Beaches on Cream" Here's a link to some... http://www.etsy.com/listing/108181536/lucys-crab-shack-by-sweetwater-beaches?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=supplies_low&gclid=CK-Q5qT497gCFZSi4AodFh8A9w