Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quilted and Bound!

I love when I put the last stitches on the binding of a quilt.  I feel very productive, and since I've finished three in the last week or so, I'm feeling super-productive!

Jaybird Quilts' Dot Party in Spring Urban Zoologie..
I quilted spirals in the circles and just meandered around each circle. 

I used the very cute ladybugs for the backing.

I'll be making another one of these in "boy print" Urban Zoologie fabrics with a blue Quilter's Linen (remember all that blue Quilter's Linen I've acquired!).  These will go to a set of sister/brother twins for the holidays.
My beloved Postage Stamp quilt is also quilted, bound and washed.  I learned a lesson - if you want to show off the quilting in photos, take the picture before you wash it!  The design kind of got lost in the crinkles....


And this one, the Carnival (another Jaybird Quilts design) wallhanging did not get washed, because it's just going to be a wall quilt which is getting hung up in my office tomorrow...



Both the Postage Stamp quilt and the Carnival wallinghanging were quilted with the Daisy Swirl pantograph.  As much as I apparently love this design, I think I need to give it a rest.  I think I've used it on 4 or 5 quilts already this year. It's time to move on to something else! 

8 comments:

Luanne said...

I do not know the quilting language that you speak, but I do know pretty when I see it! Beautiful work!!!

Darlene said...

OMG, you've been super busy! Love everything - as usual. :-)

I have a fat quarter bundle/tower of Central Park - hmmmmm! LOL

Karen said...

You have been incredibly productive! Wonderful work. I love them all but am really fascinated by the great effect you have created in the Dot Party quilt with the contrast between the print and the solid. Look forward to seeing the next one.
I also admire your patience with the postage stamp quilt. Wow!

Becky said...

Okay girlfriend, we seriously need to make some different quilts!! I made the same circle quilt - except your quilting is WAY cooler. And of course the postage stamp. You have to bring it to a meeting so we can see the quilting. At least our Carnivals are different fabrics -lol! Of course you know I love all your quilts.

Linda said...

You go girl!!! Wow!!! I love how each quilt turned out!!! Beautifully quilted and bound!!

Tricia said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the dot party quilt. It's so cute with the pink solid!

I think my next quilt is going to be carnival...I love the pattern!

Ivory Spring said...

Gorgeous - you have certainly been busy! You ought to be so proud of yourself!!!

Ruth Curry Parris said...

Beautiful quilting and fabrics.You have been busy indeed.The dogs are also adorable with their own quilts. r
Ruth