Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Hurricane Report

Well, we made it through Hurricane Irene unscathed thank goodness!  I am so grateful.  It was like we were in a bubble on our street.  Venturing out this morning my husband saw that there was lots of flooding, downed trees, etc. not far from us.  It's mostly stopped raining here, but the winds are still really kicking up.


Last night we had a "hurricane dinner".  We made Lobster rolls and baked beans (boy were they good!) ...
And drank Hurricanes in pineapples (I think they were category 5's - yikes they were strong!)...

Luckily, we did not lose power.  So, I was able to finish the red & white quilt top.  YAY!!!!  I'm so glad, because I'm itching to start working on other things!

Here it is, courtesy of the quilt-holder-husband...

It's 72"x72" - all from stash!  I did have to buy the backing fabric.  I just ordered this today...
I may use it for the binding too, we'll have to see how that would look once I get it.  I've got two weeks to get it quilted and bound!


9 comments:

charlotte said...

sew, sew, sew!!! Don't you love a deadline?

Lynn said...

Oh WOW! I love the red and white quilt! The backing fabric you chose is pretty awesome too.

Glad you survived Irene okay!

Darlene said...

Glad you survived the visit from Irene. Lobster rolls (?) YUM!!!

Love the quilt and the backing is perfect.

ranette said...

I LOVE this quilt!!! and the backing fabric too. How are you going to quilt it?

Karen said...

Fantastic! It is SOOOOOO good!
Great backing fabric too.
Pleased to hear that something good came out of this hurricane!

Karin said...

then you can start working on the Ghastlies? LOL :)

Barb said...

That is such a pretty *red and white* quilt...I love the backing fabric that you selected! Keep on stitching, I think you will make that deadline! Have a great week, glad Irene headed a different way from your house!

Barb said...

I should have come to our house for Irene...what good food. Love red and white, very striking!!

Ivory Spring said...

I love your red and white quilt, Denise!!!