Sunday, August 21, 2011

Boo! It's the Ghastlies....

When I saw Kim's quilt with the Ghastlies fabric I thought it was adorable.  I was so excited when she started posting tutorials for the quilt (thanks Kim!) and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some.  Here is the border fabric. 


Here are some of the other fabrics for sashings....
And here are my fussy cut scenes for the blocks:


There are some other fabrics I'm using, including a pink, that I'll pull from my stash.  The plan is to have it done for Halloween (yes, this Halloween!) - that may be pushing it but I'm going to give it a shot.

My hubby says the prints looks like Aubrey Beardsley illustrations.  I think they look like the Haunted Mansion in Disney! 

And, speaking of Disney, it's always a happy day in my house when this comes in the mail....




8 comments:

Carol said...

more like Edward Gorey - a favourite at our house:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Gorey

Karin said...

I made the mistake of clicking over to Kim's blog - OMG, I have GOT to make one of those quilts too! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Maybe I'll put away a couple of UFO's to start on it right away. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, so I think that I'll get myself an early birthday present of 'ghastly' proportions, hehe :)

Darlene said...

I saw Kim's quilt and thought it was wonderful, as well. I can't wait to see your progress - have fun.

Lynn said...

I haven't seen that fabric in person, only on blogs. I may need to order some since I doubt my LQS will carry it. Everything I've seen made up with it is so stinking cute!

Karen said...

Oooooh! This is so ghastly I will have to watch to see what happens. This fabric is such good fun. Enjoy!

Angie said...

I was just prowling around on your blog---your quilts are all WONDERFUL! I've never thought of myself as a fan of the string quilt but I fell in love with yours'. And the bowtie that you just finished, and all of those others.....I just love them all! :)

Becky said...

Oh this will be so fun! Can't wait to see it come together. Jealous of your Disney vaca! We went last year and it was so much fun. You'll have to share any moneysaving tips you have. Now that we actually have to pay for Samantha it will be more expensive.

Sharrieboberry said...

Love the quilt and fabric. And the countdown to WDW? How exciting!

Hope it is lovely weather when you go. How much longer before you go?