Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another finish!

I got an email from my Mom last Monday to let me know that our cousin's baby shower would be in September when we are on vacation (I'm bummed, because I would love to go.)  Since I can't be there my Mom offered to take my gift.  But the only time I was going to see my Mom before then was this past Sunday.  Luckily, the quilt top was done, but I needed to quilt and bind it pronto!  So, Saturday night at 10pm I put the last stitches in the binding.  Whew!

And then Sunday we had more of those horrendous storms we've been having all week, so our swim day at my aunt's was cancelled and I'm not seeing my Mom until next weekend now (yes, when we're supposed to be getting a hurriance, which is after yesterday's earthquake.  Good times around here!  So who knows if I'll see her then either)  So the rush was for naught, but that's okay - it's done!

 I just did a large meander (I was in a hurry, remember?!) on every star except the orange.
 I love this ABC fabric so much...
In the orange I did tight loops.  Not quite "pebbling" but it gives nice texture.
Here's the back...
 And, I'm making progress on the red & white quilt.  That's the next rush job.  The wedding is on September 17th and I have to get it to my daughter the weekend before.  I'm trying not to work on anything else until this is done (and that's really hard!)
I think I really like this one!



10 comments:

Karin said...

oh, that means you can't work on your Ghastlies quilt until the red/white one is done? Darn! :)

Lynn said...

I really like the red and white one too! Not that I don't like the star one too. The tight loops does make an interesting texture. I may have to experiment with that one.

Becky said...

wow, you've really been cranking them out! Love that red and white!

Karen said...

I do like the star quilt but you do know that I LOVE the red and white. This is going to look stunning!

Thelma said...

Of course I really like that red and white quilt too! That should be a fun one to finish. There's nothing like a looming deadline to get a project done. I'll be eager to see this one finished.

Kelli said...

I read that you won for the Dog on Quilt category in the pets on quilts show!! Congrats! I am a new follower, Love love love the baby quilt, and the red and white too. :)

Jan said...

Congratulations on winning for best dog quilt in the pets on quilts contest! Well deserved!

Barb said...

I love your finish and that red and white is just fabulous!!

Connie said...

Your quilt looks wonderful and your quilting is great! I like your red and white one!

Angie said...

That star baby quilt is beautiful! I love the fabrics you used in it. And I know that pattern has been around forever, but I can't remember the name of it or where to find it. Can you share the name of the quilt and where I might locate the pattern? Thanks bunches.