Wednesday, June 5, 2013

String of Pearls Quilt-a-Long #1

I'm a sucker for a good quilt-a-long...but I usually jump on the bandwagon long after they have finished.  Not this time!  I decided to join Christa Quilt's String of Pearls Quilt-a-Long last week - in enough time to gather my fabrics and start on time!

Of course you can use whatever fabrics you want, but the Quilt-A-Long quilt really caught my eye so I decided I wanted to use Pearl Bracelets by Lizzy House too.  I have a small stash of PB, but not enough for the Q-a-L, so ordered the Fat Eighth starter bundle that Christa put together (great idea, Christa!)  Perfect!  Just enough of each color with a little left over for my scrap basket.  She's also got kits for the entire quilt for sale, but I already had my two solids for the background - Kona Pepper and Medium Gray.

And I'm ready to go!
Christa posted the cutting instructions today and since I was home, I cut out my Pearl Bracelet squares and the strips for the scrappy binding.  How colorful are these? I love it!
We'll have two weeks for each step, so I'll get my Pepper and Medium Grey strips cut over the next week or so (that's not quite as fun as cutting colorful Pearl Bracelets - LOL) and I'll be all ready to sew!

There's still plenty of time if you want to join in!

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh, you are going to have lots of fun! I can't join in now, because I am working on my second of Christa's jelly roll quilts. Her QALs are great!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh that's going to be fun! Looking at her photo quickly - why is the center pearl part pieced instead of one large square?

Susan said...

Looks like it's going to be a great quilt...love your fabrics!

Lynn said...

You are off to a great start! Looks like a fun quilt.

Karen said...

Great colours. Have a wonderful time!

Kate said...

Great fabric choices. Enjoy the quilt along!

Sinta Renee said...

I saw this quilt along and thought it was such a beautiful quilt. I am anxious to see your progress in the group! Great fabric!