Sunday, March 17, 2013

Birthday Weekend at the Beach!


I'm back after that very unintentional blogging break!  It's been a crazy, busy time at work, plus I've been asked to take a "new" job at work, while still doing my "old" job until some of it can be transitioned, and taking classes for the "new" job has had me quite frazzled for the past couple of weeks.  Sewing has been sparse, but I have gotten some things done!

We're at the beach for my birthday weekend and I'm taking a few extra days off to enjoy it, so we're here through Tuesday.  Yay!  I have my sewing machine and a whole quilt cut out and ready to sew.  Son Bill, DIL Raqhel and grandson Rick and friend have joined us from Friday until today (we're certainly missing daughter Ariel who had to stay home for school/work) and we celebrated my birthday last night (it's not until Monday, but in our family we like to drag birthdays out as long as we can!).

Last night, we had my birthday meal of Spaghetti & Meatballs (my favorite!) and the kids surprised me with a really yummy chocolate birthday cake!  And, I love the "31" on the cake - Raqhel and I always say "50 is the new 30"...

Along with a beautiful bouquet of tulips, and lots of good smelling products from Bath & Body Works...
 I got this gorgeous Cookie bouquet...

These personalized cookies are made by a woman who works out of her home near us in Chalfont, PA.  Her name is Kim and her business is called Park Avenue Pastries. Raqhel said her entire downstairs is set up as a professional kitchen/workspace.  She ships all over too.  I had never heard of her before, but Raqhel has used her before - besides being so cute, she said the cookies (butter) are delicious!  I can't bring myself to open them yet, so I'll had to wait to taste them!  Each cookie is individually wrapped inside, too, to keep them fresh.



Raqhel asked for a "quilting theme" the cookie above has a cute border on it.  Then, the "flowers" have "stitching" around the outsides with "buttons" in the middle...
How cute is that!  Thanks, guys!

They have to leave today, and we will miss them, but I'm looking forward to getting a few good days of hardcore sewing in!!

More soon, I've lots of stuff to blog about to catch up! o:)

9 comments:

Luanne said...

Have a Happy Birthday! Looks like you have a great start, although you show much better self control than I when it comes to those gorgeous cookies!! Have a great, sewing-ful weekend!!!

charlotte said...

Happy Birthday and enjoy the beach. It's a nice way to relax and celebrate.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday. It sure has been cold in PA - did you go somewhere warm? Love the idea of having some sewing time.
Enjoy Monday,too!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Denise! Those cookies look delicious! Glad you had a great birthday weekend.

Lynn said...

Happy birthday!!

Ivory Spring said...

Happy Happy 31st Birthday, Denise :) - enjoy life as you continue in your 30's years. ;) My secretary from my former life used to celebrate 29th birthdays among all the girls in her family. :)

Cool gifts too! You are blessed.

Was that Fons and Porter Easy Quilts you saw me? I am still waiting for that issue. Thanks for letting me know you "saw" me. :)

HUGS to you!

Cathy Fry said...

Happy Birthday, Denise! Remember...it's just a number! I hope you brought warm clothes because if it is anything like it is here, you are cold! But sewing is an indoor activity so it is probably not a problem. Enjoy your break form your usual chaos!

Cathy

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oh, those cookies are adorable! I have to bookmark those guys. I could have used them when I was hunting down Elmo Cookies for Evan's birthday.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday (a bit late). Looks like your family helped you celebrate a wonderful one!