Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday...What I Did on My Vacation

I certainly didn't get nearly as much sewing done on our long weekend at the beach, but I did get started on the Cross Terrain quilt I'm making as a wedding gift...

My daughter is working part-time in my office building in the cafeteria as a cashier while she's in school and her supervisor is a wonderful gal named Heather.  Heather is very good to Ariel (hey, she gave her a job!) and she's getting married in May.  Of course, I have to make her a quilt as a gift from Ariel and me.  So, I tasked Ariel with ferreting out favorite colors, modern or traditional, etc. so we could give her something she'd really love.  We found out Heather's wedding colors are teal and purple and I immediately thought of the stash of  Kate Spain's Terrain I have on my shelf.

I Googled Terrain Quilts and came across the great Cross Terrain designed by Lee from the Freshly Pieced blog on the Moda Bakeshop (by coincidence, I came across this post on Lee's blog about this quilt just the other day, so I want to give both her and the Bakeshop a shout out here!).  I loved the quilt, but using all the Terrain fabrics will introduce some other colors that I'm not sure Heather would like (like orange - I happen to L.O.V.E. the orange).  So, I decided to gather other purples/teals and use those to make the quilt - thereby saving my treasured Terrain for a quilt for myself (did I just say that?????) .

There are a lot of Kaffe Fassets in here and the fabrics are a glorious riot of purples & teals and I'm sure the Bride will love it!  I already do.
Lilly certainly had fun on her weekend at the beach too...here she is relaxing on the couch with Dad...


IMG_6373
I'm linking this up with Randi from the I Have to Say blog and Fresh Squeezed Fabrics for  Show and Tell Tuesday.   You can check out the linkys on her blog to see what others have been doing!

6 comments:

Sewing Mom said...

I printed that same pattern two weeks ago! I love how yours is shaping up...mine will be away in the works. =)

Dee said...

Beautiful fabric choices! Isn't it fun to be able to gift something so personal and lovely!

What a sweet heart you have!

randi--i have to say said...

Very pretty! I really like that layout!

SuperMomNoCape said...

That quilt is going to be gorgeous. Love the blue floral in the third photo.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

That's going to be so pretty! And love me some Lily! :)

Kate said...

Beautiful color scheme, it's going to be a very nice gift.