Sunday, March 24, 2013

Through the Eyes of a Quilter

Maybe because "Spring" is here (and I say that in quotes because we're supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow!), but I'd been looking at this tea towel all weekend and enjoying its colors and thinking this color scheme would make a great quilt!  Only a quilter, right?!
Then I noticed how this birthday card from my hubby had a lot of the same colors...very pretty!
I've thinking what a great quilt this color scheme will make...but it looked quite familiar, then it hit me!
It DOES make a great quilt and I've been making it....

I was using the Sunkissed by Moda line to make this Birdie Stitches Embroidery quilt!  If you just add a little blue in there - it all matches the tea towel!  This has been in my UFO pile for two years...I think now is a good time to do some more work on it!


8 comments:

Diane said...

adorable quilt-good thing that tea towel reminded you of it!! funny how our quilty minds work.

Michele said...

How lovely!

Izzy said...

So cute. I really like that colour combo.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

HA!! That is the same color scheme! At least you are consistent with your tastes! :)

Kate said...

Very pretty! Hopefully it will help things feel more like spring until it finally gets here!

charlotte said...

Finish it up! That was my very first QAL project. I ended up giving it to my grandson, who watched me stitch each month's block. When it was done he said "Is that for me, Grammie?" so sweetly I couldn't say no. It does make a great little quilt.

Lynn said...

I think this is a sign that you need to finish the quilt - LOL! I've had these embroidery patterns bookmarked for some time. Maybe I should stitch them up. I think I'll at least print them all out today.

Ivory Spring said...

SOOOOOOO pretty!