Saturday, March 30, 2013

Little Bits of Quilting

Sometimes doing just "little bits" of quilting is so satisfying.

Here are some little bits I've accomplished over the past few weeks...

More Granny Squares!  This time with a Going Coastal theme.  I love this line and I saw this on Jenny's Sew Fabulous Quilt Shop blog a few weeks ago and totally copied thought it was perfect for my Going Coastal scraps!  (of course, it required hunting around the internet for some pieces I didn't have - like the gray center starfish fabric - for this "scrapbuster" - LOL!)  This line is getting hard to find.
This was for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild Madrona Road challenge...we were able to choose a few fat 8ths of Madrona Road prints and were only allowed to add solids and more Madrona Road - no other prints.  And, you had to paper piece.  Amy's Creative Side's  Dancing Star Quilt Along quickly came to mind.  I used Kona White and Kona Medium Gray for my solids.  I'm doing 4 more blocks and calling this one a wallhanging!  These blocks were really fun to make...
And, here are my two March blocks for the Sunday Morning Quilts bee...one of our members chose Scrapper's Delight quilt for her blocks...a very colorful log-cabin-ish block....
and The Missing U was chosen by our other March gal...she's doing hers in a very elegant gray/black/brown/cream combo to go with her new furniture.  My assignment was for a gray block - luckily, I've been in gray mode lately in my fabric buying, so had some fun grays to include (including some of that new gray Going Coastal starfish!)...
I'm really loving this bee - we're working our way through the Sunday Morning Quilts book and it's been fun to "taste" a little of each quilt!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Those Madrona Blocks are really neat!

Karen said...

I agree. Little bits of sewing are just fine.
Your blocks are looking great.

charlotte said...

Everything is looking lovely. I have some of the bottle cap fabric from when it first came out, but haven't figured out how to use it. Hmmmm....maybe now I can see a way.

Sinta Renee said...

Looks like you have been having some wonderful play time! I love your paper pieced blocks. I forgot all abut the GS in Going Coastal. I saw that too and loved it. I actually have some of the fabrics... how much do you need of the starfish/gray? I would be happy to share.

Linda in Calif. said...

Me too - I love the Madrona blocks too.

Ivory Spring said...

I am telling you, dear Friend... you work on the most beautiful projects. Your fabric choices are to die for!

Kate said...

Beautiful projects! You definitely have a lot of variety in what you are making.