Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Show and Tell Tuesday - Finish It Up Weekend!

IMG_6373
I'm linking up again with Randi from the I Have to Say blog and Fresh Squeezed Fabrics for  Show and Tell Tuesday.  I have a few things to show and tell from this long weekend (I adore long weekends)!

I worked hard on Saturday to finish the big pink blob the baby elephant Houndstooth and then promptly forgot to give it to my daughter to take to work to give to the Mom-to-be on Sunday.  Oh well, next week!

I (finally!) finished my last Swoon block...love these green apples and strawberry prints....


I finished putting my Little Black Dress Chopsticks together and trimmed up the sides and it's now ready to quilt...

 Julie Herman's Chopsticks

And while celebrating the Presidents yesterday, I finally finished the fourth striped purse I started before the holidays.


From Jessica Levitt's Modern Mix

I was so glad to get these fabrics off my cutting table - I love this line, but they've been there since November!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

My goodness! You accomplished a lot! Love your Swoon block and purse. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt the Chopsticks quilt.

Sewing Mom said...

Looks like you had an amazingly productive weekend! I love your swoon block...I just purchased the pattern for myself a couple of weeks ago. And your bag is cute too.

Stopping by to visit from Show & Tell. Have a great day.

Dee said...

Gracious, you HAVE been very busy! Congratulations on finishing the gift quilt and I'm swooning over your "Swoon" block!

Michele said...

You were busy! I know it's a great feeling to get some things crossed off your list :-) Nice Swoon block and that bag is adorable!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love your swoon block. Good for you for finally finishing it. And the purse is adorable too!

charlotte said...

Yay...great job! Now, how are you gonna quilt that Swoon? I can't wait to see!!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Love that last swoon block! Hope to see you putting them together this weekend! Stool so bummed about the houndstooth quilt.

Karen said...

It looks like you really put the extra day to good use!

randi--i have to say said...

I LOVE your swoon block! The apple print is one of my all time faves!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

love that chopsticks!! it looks great in those colors!

ZeedleBeez said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you would like to accept please visit my blog post here: http://zeedlebeezmom.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html