Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Frenzy Shop Hop

This weekend was the Fall Frenzy Shop Hop here near Philadelphia.  After surviving Hurricane Sandy earlier this week, I was sure if the hop was still a go, but it was.  We needed it after last week.  Luckily, none of the shops had any damage and we were able to hit 7 of them on Saturday.  Three friends and fellow-guild-members and I hit the road early at 9am yesterday and returned after 6pm.  A long day, but we had a blast!  The shopping was fun, but spending the days with my friends was really the best part.

Today, hubby took me to two of the remaining shops near where we live and tomorrow I'll hit the last one which is right up the street from my office.

I went armed with a list and pretty much got what I went for and then some!

I was able to get all of the fabrics to make a quilt for son Bill.  I'm using a pattern from the Geared for Guys book.  I'm hoping to get it done for Christmas, but I'm not promising!  I got the brown background fabric and apple greens at Generations.  I scored the 5 yards of backing (the fabric in the very back) at Byrne Sewing today for half price!

I've been eyeing this Witches' Boot pattern from Crabapple Hill for a few years now and found it at one of the shops with a stack of the fabrics for the borders and all the Cosmo floss needed.  I'm so glad I found this as my bloggy-friend Lynn from the Alamosa Quilter has been showing her version on her blog lately and it's really made me want to get started on this pattern!
I was able to satisfy my craving for some Mama Said Sew at a couple of the shops...
I've been eyeing Parson Gray's Curious Nature for a while now.  Cloth & Bobbin had a bunch of it and when Andrew decided he wanted it too (and helped carry all of those bolts to the cutting table), we each got 1/4 yards of all C&B had!
Cloth & Bobbin was also giving these cute sewing repair kits with your purchase...
Oops, sorry, turn your head.

I picked up a couple of charm packs of Vintage Modern at one shop - can't leave empty-handed!
Another very successful hop!  I can't wait for next year.

Just because I made her dress up, I'll show you Lilly in her Halloween costume.  She didn't get to go to her Halloween "party" at camp because of the hurricane, but she made a very cute Ladybug....
The Philly Modern Quilt Guild retreat is next weekend - I can't wait!!!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I've been eyeing the Curious Nature line too. I'm going to have to order it though because I doubt any of the shops in my area will carry it. Looks like you had a great time!

Karen said...

You did very well with all that loot! Impressive!

Lesley said...

Love all your fabric choices! What a time you had!

FarahLin said...

wow...those are some yummy fabrics, look forward to seeing what you'll be making with them.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

ooh, such pretty pretty fabrics! I love it all. And I swear, I want to take lilly home with me she is so cute. Well - except for the neurosis about the kitchen. hee hee