Friday, November 9, 2012

Retreat Prep

So, I'm off for a weekend retreat with the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.  YAY!!!!!  Yes, I'm beyond excited to spend a weekend with 15 of my guild buddies (and I will sure miss the ones who won't be with us this time).  We're going about an hour away to the Brandywine Valley Suites Hotel in Glen Mills, PA for three days of sewing, eating, and maybe a little tipple of wine.  I'm sure much hilarity will ensue.

Although I will probably chat more than sew, I have very high hopes for a productive weekend.  The two priority quilts are ones I'd like to give as Christmas gifts (yes, THIS year)....

Winter Quilt for daughter-in-law, Raqhel

Quilt for son Bill

And, once I get these two quilts done (yes, I'm laughing too), I can work on this...
Finish up the borders on Short Story

And a little handwork, just in case...
 Daisy Chain Sampler

 2nd Hexie Fall Table Mat

So, I'm all packed and just waiting for Cathy to come and pick me up!

You'd think I was going away for a week - not a weekend!

If I can get my the Blogger App on my iPad to work, I'll post from the retreat!  





8 comments:

Luanne said...

And I thought I had a busy weekend planned, eating Mickey Bars at the World!!! Have a great time - does a tipple of wine make the quilt design all that more interesting ?? ;-)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Awesome piles! Have fun, I'm so jealous! Love the quilt you have planned for Bill.

Susan said...

Denise, maybe you'll have time to check out the Strawberry Sampler and Quilter's Corner which are close to your retreat location. Have lots of fun!

Lynn said...

Hope you have a grand time!

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time!

Kate said...

Enjoy your retreat! Hope you get lots done!

Lisa said...

Love the idea of a weekend away to pursue your passion. What a great concept. I wonder if there's such a thing for photographers?! Thta includes free babysitting!!!

I am visiting via Sew Many Ways, FAFF. My first time. So excited to find such great blogs to follow.

Have a great weekend!

FarahLin said...

Wow..great projects all around! Look forward to seeing the finished projects.
Have a great weekend!