Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Schnibbles - Summer Day

The April Schnibbles was Summer Day.  Well, maybe mine should be called Summer "hour", it's not a full day .  I was thinking of stopping here and making this a table mat, but now I'm thinking I might go further with this - cut down the sashing a smidge and make a full quilt. 
I used the lovely stack of  "Buttercream & Figs" from Fig Tree fabrics that I won from Kelly at Charming Chatter late last year - and I have a whole lot left, so I can keep going.  It's up on my design wall now for inspiration.

Check out the Parade of Schnibbles on Sinta and Sherri's blogs starting May 1st to see lots of other Summer Days!

This weekend, I also finished up an I Spy charity quilt for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.  I love the way this came out...
I quilted an allover meander in my new gray Filtec Glide thread that I got at MQX.  I give this thread a big thumbs up!  The tension was perfect and not one break!  And, there's just a little bit of sheen to the thread, which looks really nice.
I also did the binding completely by machine.  A first for me.  It turned out pretty good.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  The charity we're giving these quilts to suggested machine binding since the quilts get washed every day.
And look at this cool backing fabric I picked out of our guild's "stash" bin - I love it!
This was a fun quilt to put together and it felt good knowing it's going to a great cause!

4 comments:

Becky M said...

Wow, you are cruising with the shnibbles. It looks great. What are you going to do with them all? Live the charity quilt. Isn't machine binding so fast?! I live doing that on my charity quilts.

Karen said...

Looks like you have been busy. It will be interesting to see what you decide with the Schnibbles. Good luck.
Great I Spy quilt too, and what a great way to try out the thread.

Linda in Calif. said...

I really like your Summer Day. It certainly would be pretty as a bigger quilt - worth the effort. But of course that's up to you. You really chose beautiful fabrics.

Bobbi said...

And the QFK quilt came out great! Love the layout, great minds think alike.

Are we sisters from different mothers?