Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pez!

(I asked my husband if he had a Pez dispenser laying around.  Apparently, he has a whole box of them.  Why, I ask.  Just why????)
No, no, no. Wrong Pez!

I mean these Pez...
I think I mentioned in an earlier post how I couldn't resist this little pack of Pez charms while checking out at Sew Smart...this is what it turned into...
Cute!  It's little - 44" x 47", but it will make a great crib quilt.  I pulled coordinating solids from my stash to alternate HSTs with the pez prints. It was quick and easy to make.
I'm quilting it with the Popcorn pantograph...

I really wanted Red Multi Pez for the backing
but instead settled for this little random dot print to back it with that I found at the new LQS - The Round Bobbin.
I'm binding it a Kona solid red.  (Still wish I had some of that Red Multi Pez though....)

I'm off early tomorrow to take the train up to MQX in Providence, RI.  Yay!  I'm more than a little excited  (eeeep!)

10 comments:

Karin said...

I guess we both have red multi pez on our minds for backing!
http://www.cascadequilts.com/2012/04/wip-wednesday.html
Loving the quilt!!!

Anna said...

I love it!!! It looks fantastic and I love what you are doing with the quilting. Have a great time at MQX!

Pat said...

LOVE the quilt and love the quilting!

Lynn said...

Sooooo cute!

carol fun said...

Love the quilt - too stinking cute! And yes I too want some of that red multi Pez print. I do love American Jane fabrics.

Karen said...

I do love HST quilts and this one looks great with the Pez fabrics. Love the quilting, too.
Have a great time at MQX

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

I love how you have quilted the quilt. Do you mind if I borrow the motif for one of my next quilts?
Cute fabrics too, by the way.

Michele said...

We have lots of Pez dispensers too :-) I really don't know why either LOL!! That quilt is adorable.

Michele said...

We have lots of Pez dispensers too :-) I really don't know why either LOL!! That quilt is adorable.

Carrie P. said...

love how you used those pez charms.