Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MQX Recap Part 2- What I Bought

As I mentioned in the first re-cap post, I didn't think there were as many vendors at MQX this year than there were when I went before. But it could have been it just seemed that way as the convention center is enormous! But, that didn't stop me from finding lots of great things to buy!  Mostly thread.  And, most of it is boring because I mostly stocked up on staples.

My first stop at MQX is always Superior Threads' booth.  There is always a "deal" and it's worth it to stock up.  I thought I'd try out Superior's new Omni thread.  Superior's site says it's "an economical, strong, poly-wrapped poly core machine quilting thread."  At 6,000 yards on a spool, it's a boat-load of thread for a great price.  I thought I'd just get white and gray to try it out.  I use a lot of both to quilt.
I also got some more of my favorite variegated King Tut - Date Palm (the greenish one) and Sahara Shadows (the goldish one) and thought I'd try the pink for something new.
This was our "favor" at the banquet - everyone got a cone at their place....Superior's new Magnifico thread.  I got a lovely green.  Superior's site says it is a "high-sheen, smooth, and strong new line of high tenacity, high sheen (trilobal), lint-free polyester"
I also stopped by the Aurifil booth.  I love to use Aurifil 50 wt for piecing.  I know this looks really boring, but I got ginormous cones of white, cream and gray 50wt.  I'll have piecing thread for a least a year!
I couldn't just buy threads, and these green and black FQs caught my eye...
And these fun cocktail prints are destined for an apron...
See the "sugar" on the rim?
And I finally jumped on the Aneela Hoey bandwagon and bought some Little Apples...
Besides thread, the other thing I thought I buy a lot of were pantographs, but I only wound up buying this one from MeadowLyon Designs called Cloudy Skies...

All in all, not a bad haul!

6 comments:

Susan said...

All fun stuff (not boring) if you ask me!

Karen said...

Some very nice purchases there!

carol fun said...

Great goodies - love the fabrics and that thread will be put to good use for sure!

Becky M said...

Wow, you could kill someone with those giant cones if thread! Awesome haul, love the polka dots.

Diane said...

I really like that panto you got-and threads I would be afraid of the damage I could do at a Superior booth-luv that stuff.

FarahLin said...

Hi, I've stopped by from Karen's Find a Friend Friday. I love surfing your blog! You have done so many wonderful projects. Love your fabric choices. Your Swoon blocks and your string quilt using Hope Valley line is absolutely stunning!
Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely projects. I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend!