Sunday, April 17, 2011

PMQG Sew Day

On Saturday, I was able to attend my first Sew Day hosted by the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.  I had such a good time and got a lot done to boot!  Those girls and guys are a lot of fun.  There was a lot of laughter, inspiration and fabric and quilt envy (on my part - LOL).  I am so inspired when I see what these folks are doing and I'm so very glad I joined the guild.

I know I have a list a mile long of things I "have to get done", but I wanted something semi-mindless to sew. I knew I would probably be doing more chatting than sewing, but I managed to get all of my blocks for my Max & Whiskers quilt finished.  They are all ready to put together, but I have to get back on the ball and finished the deadline quilts.  

Today has been pretty productive too.  I started and finished quilting my daughter-in-law's wallhanging (I want to give it to her at Easter).  You can't see the quilting too well in this photos, I just did some free-hand flowers and loops in the borders, straight line Vs in the small border and framed each "photo" with straight lines and stippled in the white area.  It looks pretty good.  I know Raqhel will enjoy hanging it in her office.  

I added something else to the "must do" list.   Since this month's Le Petite project is the Brocante Schnibbles and I had the pattern and my charm packs all ready to go I thought I'd join in.  All the blocks are done and it's starting to come together. 

Wish I had some more weekend, but at least it's only a four-day work week!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

You have been one busy lady! I am very impressed!

Becky said...

Hi Denise! Glad I found your blog! That was a fun quilt you were working on. Hope to see you Tuesday.

Thelma said...

I'm still pondering what to do with my Max and Whiskers, but I love what you've started. Like you, I've got the pattern and the charm packs, nothing stopping me from making Brocante, I sure hope to get to that before the month's end.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

OMG those eyes are adorable! I showed my husband and even he likes it, the first thing he notices though is that the turtles do not have big eyes. Isn't that funny? Love what you are making - looks great!
Cheers,
Carolyn