Monday, July 22, 2013

Christmas in July....PMQG Holiday Angel Swap

Lookie what I found - a post I never posted.  I really want to share this so thought I'd do a Christmas in July post!
-----------------
In January, we had our Philly Modern Quilt Guild Holiday Angel Swap.  We filled out forms using Elfster giving hints as to what we might like to get, favorite, colors, things we definitely didn't like.  This was a huge help to the Angels to make sure your giftee would like what you worked so hard on!

One of the items my gal asked for was a coffee press cozy.  I found a great tutorial online and it was very easy to make!  I chose a color scheme of gray, aqua and orange and used my coffee press as a model....

In progress...
 
So simple!
Trying it out on my press...
I thought I'd make this cute potholder to go with....
I added a few odds and ends to the bag and my gift was complete!

I was the lucky recipient of some great things tailored to me!  Thanks again, Bobbi!  Here's my super-cute bag...

Bobbi and I both have Handiquilters and she geared my gifts toward longarming...I got this great book full of design ideas and an air eraseable pen - I love those.  She also included a very cute pre-printed mini wholecloth panel for me to practice on.  And, the pretty pin is hand made!
This was the pièce de résistance, however.  I mentioned I collected Christmas ornaments.  Bobbi made me this beautiful hand-beaded ornament for my tree.  Lovely!
(Yes, my tree was still up in mid-January.  Don't judge.  It came down shortly after that - LOL!)

You can see some other great gifts given that night here.

Well, the year is now half over - it's going to be time to start thinking about this Christmas soon!  At least for me it is ... this year I AM going to start my Christmas sewing early (no, really, I am! o:) )

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a great idea to leave some hints as to what you do and don't like. That really would be helpful to the person giving the gift.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I love remembering this swap in the summer! It was such a great one. All your gifts (given and received) were fantastic. i hope we do it again this year.