Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Day of Finishing Tops!

I was quite productive this very hot, sweltering weekend.  Great time to stay indoors in the AC and sew!

And sew, I did!  I actually got two tops finished.  I'm now caught up on the Strings of Pearls Quilt-a-Long.  I finished my top and it's all ready for quilting....
I was a little nervous that all of the black "connectors" weren't going to line up properly, but with careful pinning and sewing most of them are spot on - and the rest are almost perfect, so I'm calling it good!  After it's quilted, you'll never notice. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to quilt this one yet...
I had about an hour before everyone comes for dinner and I spied my Swoon blocks which were pinned to a design wall for months and decided to quickly get that together.  Didn't take long at all!
I think it looks lovely...
I'm quilting this in a zig zag pattern using my EZ boards.  I saw a guild friend's Swoon quilted like that and loved it.  This will be a nice addition to my summer
This will be a nice addition to my collection of  summer quilts!

7 comments:

charlotte said...

I love your Swoon quilt. Such pretty fabrics. Your string of pearls looks great too. Nice to get those tops done, but now, to quilt them...

Lynn said...

Great finishes!

Luanne said...

These are so pretty!!

Tessa said...

I love both of them!!

Karen said...

Both quilt tops are looking great. The String of Pearls looks great and I think ALL the connectors are perfect.
The Swoon top is totally gorgeous in all the lovely fabrics you chose.

Sarah said...

Very pretty fabrics in your Swoon quilt. It looks magnificent! Great finishes.

Kate said...

String of Pearls turned out great and so did your Swoon top.