Monday, June 25, 2012

Modern Siggy Block Swap & SMQ Bee

I've been working hard on my blocks for The Crafty Blackbird's Modern Siggy Block Swap.  We're up to 57 participants so far.  I think I've made about 65 and sign up is closed as of June 30.  They don't take long at all, so if I need to make some more that will be fine.

My stack so far...
I have a lot of Denyse Schmidt and a little Kate Spain in there...I think that's Modern enough!
Next is to write my name and location info.  That's the part that scares me - my handwriting isn't the greatest - particularly on fabric, so I hope I'm legible!  It's the first time I've participated in something like this so I'm excited to receive my blocks from all over the world (I'm guessing it's not just the US) in August!

We've exchanged our first set of blocks in the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.  We are making "slab" blocks from the Sunday Morning Quilts book.  I received these beauties from Bee Hostess Charlotte (Grammie Q's).  That girl has some great yellow fabrics in her stash! 

I particularly love the little birds in this print...
I'm ahead of myself on this one.  July's going to be a busy month, so I did my July blocks yesterday.  July's color is blue.  It was fun to revisit the blue stack of fabrics in my stash!
Next post will be a recap of the Denyse Schmidt lecture and workshop hosted by the PMQG last weekend, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Karin said...

I am where you are! Scared to do the writing!!! :) I've been practicing on scraps of white, but I'm not happy with my siggy. As long as it's legible though, I think it will be OK :)

FarahLin said...

You've been busy, Denise. Love seeing your work in progress. Love those siggy and bee blocks.

Linda in Calif. said...

Siggy Block really turned out nice with the modern (bright and cheery) fabrics. Good job.