Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Schnibble - Leap Year

It's time for the unveiling of my June Schnibble - Leap Year!  Designer Carrie Nelson was kind enough to provide all of us Schnibblers with the pattern.  You can get your very own here.

This was fun and quick to make.  I started with a couple of charm packs of Deb Strain's Luv You line.  Cute and summery...
In progress...
My first completed block...

A couple of blocks closeups.  for the sashing and borders, I pulled a white-on-white polka dot out of my stash which I think goes really well with the prints...

I didn't think I was going to get this quilted by today's deadline. I ordered this cute print for the backing week before last and it only arrived a few days ago. I couldn't get to the quilting before today.
But I started the quilting this morning...

and just put the last stitches in the binding at 5:30 this evening! Ta Da!


Another Schnibble down. I wonder what the July Schnibble will be??? Hop on over to Sinta and Sherri's blogs tomorrow to see the parade of what I am sure will some awesome Leap Year Schnibbles!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Great use of the charm packs to create this gorgeous quilt. Love the backing - it was worth the wait! Well done with the finish!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt, love the backing fabric too. Congrats on the finish.

Lynn said...

Very cute! Love the quilting design you did.

FarahLin said...

Very pretty and love the colours you chose! Beautiful quilting as always.
Have a great weekend! =)

charlotte said...

So pretty and I LOVE the backing!!

Nancy said...

It's gorgeous. You chose the perfect backing fabric for this quilt.

Karen O said...

Love it! That fabric is really wonderful. And the backing...too cute. How wonderful to be able to quilt it at home.

Thelma said...

I agree, cute and summery, love the dot background fabric! So what are you going to do for July! I've already changed my mind 3 times!

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

You make the most cheerful quilts!