Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stockings for Kids 2011

Lyanna over at Purple Panda Quilts is hosting Stockings for Kids - a stocking drive to benefit the foster children of Central Virginia.
Stockings for Kids
I had hoped to make more, but I did get one stocking done and off to Lyanna yesterday...
 I'll have to try to do better next year!  You can see all of the great stocking donations at Lyanna's blog

In other news, we had another Philly Modern Quilt Guild sewing night at Sew Smart in Doylestown two Friday's ago.  We had a huge turnout!  About 10 people (I'm sure the restaurant we all got takeout from loved all of us trooping over there at one time and milling about waiting for our food - LOL).  We had a great night, and I spent the whole time working on the 20 placements I'm making as Christmas gifts...


These are made with Le Poulet fabrics by Windham.  I made a set for myself and lots of folks loved them....so guess what they're getting for Christmas!  These make up really quickly and just a little straight line quilting does the trick.

And, a product review for you...I read great things about the titanium rotary blades on someone's blog and as I love a nice sharp blade, thought I'd give them a try.  I got the 45mm and 60mm...
Wowser!  That's a sharp blade.  I love them!  But, of course I just started using them, so we'll see how long they keep their sharp, but so far, so good.  I'll give an update when I've used the blade for awhile.  I got them from Crafters Gallery.

I'm in the midst of Christmas sewing, but I made a quick Christmas quilt for myself over the long weekend - which I'll show soon!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I didn't know about the stocking drive, that's so nice. Had a blast at the sewing night. Bummed that it will probably be awhile before I go to another one.
And I should probably stay away from the titanium blades, I just nicked myself with the regular blade today and it bled like crazy!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

How nice of you to make the stocking to giveaway. Cute.