Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gifts for a Set of Twins

I fell in love with Julie of Jaybird Quilts' Dot Party pattern this summer.  I took a class with her to make the quilt this past summer at The Village Quilter and I found making this quilt to be too much fun!  I've made four of them already.

I also fell in love with Ann Kelle's Urban Zoologie fabrics.  First I made a pink one...


Then, I bought the line in blue and made a "boy" version...


I used quilter's linen for the backgrounds on both, I really like the look of the QL.

The backs are so cute too.  Ladybugs for the girl...
And airplanes for the boy...

Now, what to do with these little quilts? Then, I remembered a family friend whom my Mom sees all a lot has boy and girl twins, 5 years old.  So, I offered her the quilts to give to them for Christmas.  Perfect.  I got the fun of working with these great fabrics and making the quilts and the kids will get to snuggle with them!  I hope they love them as much as I loved making them.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love the quilts, very fun. Perfect for 5 year olds.

Luanne said...

Love, love, love these!!!

Becky M said...

They are SO CUTE! I love Anne Kelle too!

Lynn said...

What a cute pattern! The quilts are gorgeous!

Linda said...

Those quilts are so cute!!! Perfect for boy/girl twins!!! Merry Christmas, Denise!

Karen said...

These are lovely. I think you have given me some ideas for future quilts for the grandies. Thank you.
And while I am here I want to wish you Merry Christmas.

Linda in Calif. said...

Cute, cute, cute! You did a great job. Great fabrics too.

Tricia said...

I love this pattern! So quick and easy. The prints you chose are awesome!