Thursday, June 23, 2011

How Fast Was That!

Started Sunday, 6/19/2011.  Top Finished Monday, 6/20/2011.

Seriously, I started this last Sunday evening and finished up Monday night after work.  I'm keeping this pattern in mind when I need something super quick!

I got the heads' up that a new little one is expected in our extended family so I thought I'd get a jump and start on a baby quilt.  I pulled out this fabric that I bought about six months ago and thought it would be perfect for this pattern and it came out really cute.

I love the "alphabet" fabric...

I don't yet know if my cousin is expecting a boy or a girl.  I know this would be fine for a girl, not sure about a boy with that floral center.  What do you think????

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

I think for a little boy, it would be fine. As he got older.... Especially since that is not a real frilly floral

charlotte said...

looks good and not too flowery. for babies you can get away with that, but not later on.

Ivory Spring said...

Denise,

It's great to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words on my Scrabble quilt. :)

This star within a star within a star quilt is SUPER adorable! What a blessed baby.

Karen said...

I think it looks great. As to whether for a boy or girl - it could suit either way. I am sure they will be delighted.