Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Graduation Gift

We are invited to a friend's daughter's high school graduation party today.  It's our only one this year and, of course, I'm giving her a quilt.  This young lady chose to make a quilt for her senior project and I was so proud of her!  I think she got bitten by the bug a bit after making  that first one, because I hear she wants to make quilts for some of her neices and nephews!

As soon as we got the invitation to the party, I knew I had the perfect quilt for her.  I had the fabric for this one laying around for about a year (so that makes it a free gift, right????).  I used Heather Mulder Peterson's pattern from her Livin' Large book called "From the Heart".

I used Heather's Cottage Charm line for the front and a print from her Rebel Roses line for the back (I love that fabric!)

[oops, don't mind my foot - at least I'm manicured!]
I just did some quick freehand quilting - a large meander on most of the quilt, some loops in a flower motif in the quarter-square triangles and swirly loops in the applique portion.  Lazy way out I know, but I was in a hurry - LOL!  Besides, it looks pretty good.



I hope she likes it!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

It's beautiful! Great work. And yes - it's a free gift! I love the logic.

Pat said...

What a wonderful gift to get he started on her new journey!

Gretchen said...

It is gorgeous! What a lucky young lady!

Cathy said...

Your quilt is beautiful, Denise. I didn't know there was such a thing as quick freehand quilting. It would take me forever to do a quilt this size. Your friend's daughter is very lucky to receive such a lovely gift.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is gorgeous. I am sure she will love it.