Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Happy (?) Accident

I have a couple of beautiful tablecloths that I use on my dining room table.  One for winter, one for summer.  They are huge and I need to do careful folding to make them the right size to fit my table without the extension leaves (which is usually how we have it).  I am very careful to put another cloth over the table when we have Sunday dinner so I don't have to wash the good ones all the time.  Well, on Memorial Day I didn't.  Just left my pretty "summer cloth" on and figured since we weren't having anything too messy, it would be fine.

No sooner did we sit down and my husband promptly knocked over his full, very tall, glass of Orange smoothie.  Thanks, hon!  What a mess.

So, off came the cloth and the pads and into the laundry room it all went.  So, I was looking at the bare wood of the table and had a thought.  I've got all these Schnibbles that I've made over the past year (six at last count I think) and don't really have too many places to put them.  I pulled out my new Brocante Schnibble and decided to give it a try on the table.  Looks pretty nice!

I just may leave it there for awhile (at least until my klutzy husband sits down to eat at the table again - LOL!)

5 comments:

The Farmer's Attic said...

Very pretty! I like the table exposed and the quilt on point :)

Becky said...

Very pretty! Great idea!

Gretchen said...

Very pretty, Denise. You have me seriously considering making some schnibbles. Maybe I could practice my machine quilting skills on them without the hassle of a big quilt.

Linda said...

Love it! Looks so pretty in that setting! Love the quilting pattern too!!

Karen said...

What a great idea. I think it looks lovely on the table!