Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Quilt Show and a Quilt Shop

I had a couple of fun quilty weekends lately...last weekend (well, actually it was Thursday and Friday), I spent at the Quilt Fest of New Jersey.  I had a ball as usual.  I did the show most of Thursday, but then I had the great pleasure of helping out in Gina Halladay's Cranberry Quiltworks booth!  She needed an extra pair of hands and I was more than happy to help out.  Most unexpected, but I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  Here's where I spent a few hours Thursday afternoon and most of Friday....

The only snafu in the whole thing was that, being GPS-less and direction-challenged, I  totally missed the exit to Pennsylvania from New Jersey on the way home Thursday night and didn't realize it until I was a good 20 miles out of my way - in rush hour traffic!  Since it's almost a 2 hour drive to the show from my house in no traffic, needless to say, I was quite rattled by the time I got home.  A glass of wine, a good dinner and good night's sleep and I was ready to tackle the drive back the next morning.  I did make it home on Friday without incident.  I don't think I'll make that mistake again!

Then, this past Friday I found out that Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts (and fellow guild member and founder of the Philly Modern Quilt Guild), was doing a trunk show of her latest quilts on Saturday morning at my new favorite shop, The Village Quilter, in Mt. Holly, NJ.    I immediately dialed my Mom who lives quite close to the shop (and who I drug along on my quilt shop hop a few weeks ago) and invited her to drive me there - LOLOL!  She was more than happy to go with me and we had a blast seeing the demos and Julie's new quilts using this great new Lazy Angle ruler from Creative Grids.  Unfortunately, Julie's patterns hadn't come in yet, but I'm definitely going to get one or two...she's been featuring them on her blog lately if you want to check them out.  Julie handed me her very large, fancy SLR camera and asked if I'd take a few photos.  I sure hope she got one or two that turned out okay - a photographer I am not-LOL!



I also couldn't resist a layer cake of the super cute Max & Whiskers by Basic Grey...the puppies just won me over....

Well, I going to go try and eke out a bit more time in my sewing room tonight before bed - I'm still really missing that hour we lost!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful run of days you have had ( except for the driving).How exciting to be able to part of so many things. I enjoy seeing what is new, especially if there are demonstrations, too.
Sounds like a great time!

Linda said...

Booth looks like I could have done some damage on my credit card!! LOL! I'm curious about the ruler. I hope you'll give a little review or demo on it. I love gadgets!! Cute cute cute fabric!!!