Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday goodies and Charity Quilting

I love that my birthday always falls on or near National Quilting Day - this year it was the day after and I took full advantage (all weekend as a matter of fact - LOL!)

I managed to do some charity quilting....

Here are two blocks I made for quilts for Japan that Beth from Love Laugh Quilt is coordinating in connection with the Quilters Newsletter Magazine quilt drive...
 And I made these four blocks to send to Moda for their Just One Star block drive...
I also got some quilty goodness for my birthday....hubby gave me this FQ pack of purply fabrics that my daughter took one look at and said "Mom, I want a quilt from those!"...

And he also gave me this adorable dog fabric....
I'll have to make something for Lilly from this.  It happens to go perfectly with a stack of doggy fabric I bought a few years ago at a quilt show.  It's probably time to do something with it all.

I also finished the third Birdie Stitches BOM..these blocks are so cute!  The birdie looks a bit washed out in the photo, but he's really there (that's my picture taking skills again)... 
I also finished a wall hanging that I'll blog about later - let's just say I'm glad it's done.

Oh well, birthday's finished for another year...I managed to drag it out from Wednesday night through today - not bad.

.

5 comments:

Luanne said...

Happy Birthday (or belated)! I love reading/looking at your work, although it's like a foreign language to me - just beautiful!!

Gretchen said...

Happy birthday, Denise! Love the star blocks!

Samual said...

Its a really wonderful blog. Charity organizations are all over USA and some work on local level, some of global level.

Non Profit Fundraising

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Sounds like a good time.
Love all the birthday fabric, too!

Ivory Spring said...

Happy Birthday, Denise! Beautiful blocks you are sending over to Japan. And those fabrics are equally yummy!