Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Decorating

I wanted to hang this on the door in my kitchen this holiday season....

Unfortunately, it still looks like this...
So instead I hung the usual....
I was on a roll making these cute little advent wall hangings a number of years ago.  I don't remember how many I made and gave as gifts.  It was fun buying little tiny ornaments to put in each of the pockets around the border...
I just have to remember to hang an ornament each day ...
Now that it's back up again, I realize how much I like it.  I think when the other wallhanging is done (next Christmas at this point), I'll hang it on the living room closet door.  This one's kind of sentimental.  o:)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love your little Advent wall hanging. Very sweet! I love that "Merry Christmas" quilt. The buttons are great! Did you get big red buttons too?

Lynn Weathers said...

We also have a quilted Advent calendar. They are very fun! I think you should keep this one in it's usual place, even if they other gets finished. New is nice, but tradition is important, even the simple ones. Besides this one is really cute!!

Michelle said...

The new Christmas wall-hanging is going to be lovely, but so is the old one! :-)

Karen said...

Hi Denise. I am late catching up with posts, but never mind! I, too, have the same book with the hanging and must admit to the fact that I have not made anything from it yet. At one stage I had 3 projects, then 2 ..... Then I realised I was kidding myself and I will make them after Christmas when there is more time and less rush!
I still love the advent wall hanging. Lots of lovely work in it and it looks great on the door!