Sunday, December 12, 2010

Challenge - Completed!

There was absolutely no sewing going on in my house this weekend.  A VERY rare occurrence in this household (and my fingers are itchy!!).  Instead this was going on all day yesterday...

It was Santa's bakeshop yesterday - all day long.  I made 16 pans of shortbread, and a batch each of peanut butter cookies,  Toll House Cookies, and Russian Tea Cakes.  I was exhausted by the end of it!  I'm not used to standing for 8 hours at a clip!! Today, we went to see the new Harry Potter and I made my Easy Refrigerator Pickles.  People L.O.V.E. these things.  They are a bit sweet and a bit spicy and super easy to make.  Hint though if you make them - I make a double batch and then make 4x the amount of liquid.

Luckily, by Thursday, I had already completed Sandy's (Quilting for the Rest of Us Podcast) Holiday Challenge to complete 3 gifts by the 15th of December!  Here we go...

Chris's quilt...
I used a feather pantograph and quilted in light lavender which worked really well...
Sandy's quilt...
I quilted in white and used a daisy pantograph....
Cathy's quilt...
This is quilted with the Happy Times pantograph in goldish thread...
It's nice to know I won't have to be sewing late on Christmas eve - unless I want to!  Now, I have to go wrap more presents!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! You did it! Quilts and quilting turned out just beautiful. You WERE a baking machine! Holy moly. Thanks for the recipe link. I love those too!

Sandy H said...

Congrats! Your name has been added to the list for the drawing. Love the pics--nice job!

Michelle said...

Whew! That IS a lot of baking!

Three lovely quilts. Way to go! There will be some lucky quilt recipients this Christmas. :-)

Gretchen said...

Amazingly productive!!!

Thelma said...

It's definitely "the most wonderful time of the year" at your house. Congratulations on getting your gifts quilted well ahead of Christmas Eve, they are simply lovely!

Karen said...

Wow! That's a lot to get through!