Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What Santa Brought...

Before next Christmas rolls around, I wanted to show what quilty things Santa brought me last month!

Our newish LQS, The Round Bobbin, ran a "Stuff My Stocking" program for 12 days in Christmas.  What fun!  Every day you'd get an email with an item at a fantastic price.  You had until midnight to call or email the shop to tell them that you wanted the item and to "stuff your stocking" with it!  So, I clued hubby in to this and told him that if I saw something I thought I'd like, I'd forward the email to him and he could order it for me - or not.  So, these two items caught my eye...the new Turning Twenty book with a little stack of FQs to go with and this great little "round the neck" light.  This light is fabulous for hand stitching or reading in bed - I love it!  So, at the end of the 12 days you - or your Santa - would stop by the shop to pick up your stuffed stocking (which was really a bag) and pay.  I thought the whole thing was a fabulous idea!  I also liked the gift certificate hubby picked up while he was there o:)
This book I actually bought for myself...it was one of those "make up the $25 to get free shipping" on Amazon purchases.  I needed to get one last Christmas gift for someone and this popped into the cart for me!  It was a great buy - 4 of the quilts in this book are on my "must-do" list and I want to make at least 4 more!
I had borrowed this from this library and only got a few pages read and knew it was one I'd want to savor and have in my library.  So, I promptly took it back to the library and put it on my Christmas list.  I love me some Kaffe!   I had the pleasure of attending one of his lectures about 15 years ago and he couldn't have been nicer!
 This was on my wish list on Amazon for a while...then it went on my Christmas list.  I also love me some Fig Tree!  I still need to give it a read through....
I loved Angela's first book and I'm sure I will love her newest (again, need to get the time to read this!)...
At our December PMQG meeting, we had a White Elephant swap.  It was such fun.  I got a GREAT bag of goodies - no elephants in there!  I got Andrew's gift and love the bag as much as what was in it - isn't this a hoot!
 The little appliques and those awesome buttons are from Japan (Andrew lived there for quite a while) - how cool is that?!  The purse handles and magnetic closures will be put to good use and the elastic has already come in handy.

 Then there was this yard of colorful butterfly fabric - some little girl is going to be very pleased with this...I'm thinking pillow case maybe???

And, finally, a sneak peek of what I've been working on....more later!

5 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

You must have been a very good girl this year!
LOVE the chopsticks!

Diane said...

great Christmas loot! I love having to get up to $25 on Amazon for the free shipping.

Lynn said...

Looks like you had a very nice Christmas! You've reminded me that I have shared what I got for Christmas. I also had a nice Christmas!

Karen said...

It looks to me like you planned very well for Christmas. Lots of very lovely goodies.
Now those triangles look very interesting.

Michele said...

What fun gifts :-D Thanks for sharing your treats!! Your project looks amazing. I can't wait to see more of it!