Sunday, January 27, 2013

PMQG Sew Day and a Scottish Night

How can you go to a sew day on Saturday and have most of Sunday free and hardly get any sewing done all weekend? At least that's how I feel!  But, what a fun Saturday!  I attended the PMQG Sew Day at the Waldorf School yesterday and had a blast as usual.

I guess I was doing more eating and chatting than sewing...

Danette, Becky and I break for lunch

I love when do we do a pot luck lunch - my fellow guild members bring the yummiest food!  I also enjoyed checking out what everyone else was doing...
I brought these fabrics to work on a new baby Houndstooth quilt, but only got as far as cutting...

That really wasn't all I got done - I did finish up the last blocks for the Chopsticks quilt, and cut out some strips for a charity quilt the guild is doing and finished up the binding on a table runner, so I actually did accomplish something!

Becky hard at working quilting...
Bobbi will have sweet dreams with her new pillow case - LOL! It was a birthday gift from a friend - nice gift!

I thoroughly enjoy getting together with my guild peeps - we sure do know how to have fun!

I had to leave mid-afternoon to get my Scottish on for the annual Burns Supper on Saturday evening hosted by our friends in the Loch Rannoch Pipe Band....
Loch Rannoch Pipe Band
 Dad, Mom & the Newlyweds (aka sis-in-law Cathy and brother Jeff)
 our table
The girls

The Haggis was eaten and a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I didn't know you got a picture of me stuffing my face! Well I suppose it is my natural habitat! It was a fun sewing day. Looks like a good dinner too. I see you got into your dress! ;)

Michele said...

Wow! What an amazing weekend! Looks like a good time was had by all :-)