We had our mug rug swap at the Philly Modern Quilt Guild meeting last Tuesday. As soon as I heard we were doing a mug rug swap and as a challenge we were to incorporate something we hadn't tried before. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I'd been want to try out my EZ Dresden ruler and I thought a little dresden plate on the mug rug would be cute. I'm not very good at spatial relations...even a very small dresden wasn't going to fit on the mug rug. I got 5 wedges cut and pieced before I realized THAT'S not going to work - LOL! But, I enjoyed the process so I know I'll have fun using the ruler for a real project.
Just the one hexagon flower looked a little lonely on the rug, so I added some strips on the right. I cheated and instead of hand appliqueing these down, I used monofilament and a blind hem stitch. I think it turned out cute. I hope the winner liked it.
here. I won this lovely below...very elegant. Thanks Susan!