Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I should be working on this with the looming deadline....


But instead, I pulled these....

To do this...just for me!
I'm too late to "quilt-a-long" with Lee's (from Freshly PiecedSupernova Quilt-a-Long, but I'll just quilt a long by myself.   This was brought to my attention by Stephanie at Late Night Quilter (a new addition to my blog roll) who is hosting a Supernova Friendship Block Swap along with Sandra from One Million Stitches.  Since I never met a Hope Valley quilt I didn't like, it just sucked me in!

So after a very nice breakfast and some very sweet gifts from hubby, I'm going to get started (because the boys are cooking dinner tonight!).
Goo Goo Clusters - an addiction courtesy of my friend Luanne

Have you ever heard of Na Hoku jewelry from Hawaii?  I hadn't.  It's beautiful...I told hubby it opens up a whole new gift giving option!  I would have picked just about anything from the catalog.  This "mommy and baby" turtle with Koa wood is just beautiful!


Happy Mother's Day!


6 comments:

Luanne said...

Love the quilt, love the Goos, love the necklace! Love it all! I still marvel at your talent for your works of art quilting! Absolutely amazing!! Just for that, I shall be visiting that little quilt shop in Alaska in a few weeks ...

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

What are these goo goo clusters?? The look yummie!! I have a single turtle just like yours from an hoku!! Mine is pearl. I'll have to check out their catalogue.

And your red white quilt is looking good, funny that you got sidetracked!

Cathy said...

Hi Denise I wanted to make that quilt too! Would you like to do it together? It sounded like a great project. I am also inclined to do it at a slower pace, around other projects. Let me know or maybe we can talk at the next guild meeting. Thanks and Happy Mother's Day too!

Karen said...

Sometimes we all need a distraction, even if there is a deadline looming!
Looks like a lovely day.
Love that gorgeous gift, too.

Michele said...

I love the jewelry! I have one with a single turtle that I got when we visited Hawaii. I wear mine all the time and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours :-) Your quilt is wonderful! I'wish I would have made one with the quilt along too.

Jaye said...

Hi Denise,
I have seen your comments and heard mentions of you on podcasts for years. I had no idea you had a blog! It is so nice to 'see' you. Happy Belated and hope all is going well with you!
Jaye
Artquiltmaker.com/blog