Sunday, April 6, 2014

Birthday Weekend

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the beach for a long weekend to celebrate my birthday.  The kids joined us and we had a fabulous time.  I did squeeze in a little sewing.  Because they were coming down, I didn't haul my machine and related paraphernalia, but I did manage to fuse my the appliques on Violet's Quilt....

 And I did some quilty reading....
On Saturday night we had my favorite dinner (spaghetti & meatballs)....
And celebrated with champagne...

 Any my sweet DIL outdid herself with gifts for me....

A local candy shop, Raymer's Candies, will dip your bottle of wine in their wonderful chocolate and wrap it up in ribbons and bows...when you're ready to indulge, you pull a tab and the chocolate cracks and you can enjoy it with the wine (I understand their chocolate is fabulous!)...
And she found some Downton Abbey wine!   Too bad this season is over, or I would enjoy this while watching (and I don't think it will last until next season!)....
And she scoured the internet to try and find me a bracelet to replace a similar one I lost a few years ago....
 Miss Lilly loved sunning herself on the deck as usual...
And we enjoyed this view all weekend....
I always enjoy this poem that is framed in the house....
 So, another birthday come and gone...funny, I'm still only 29.  o:)




6 comments:

Luanne said...

Wow! What a great weekend!! What great gifts!! You done good, girl!!!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday and many, many more 29th's :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday. This looks like a wonderful way to celebrate. love the idea of the chocolate and the wine!

Susie Q said...

Happy Birthday Denise, I am 25!!!! Glad you had a lovely time and the view looked amazing. Susie x

charlotte said...

Happy 29th Denise. It all looks lovely.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Happy 29 again! What a fabulous way to celebrate!