Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summertime Sewing

I made some fun things this summer, not the least of which was this fabulous beach tote designed by Jill Finley from Jilllily Studio.  This was a free pattern on the Henry Glass website.

I saw the bag on one of Jill's blog posts and she promised it was super easy.  It was!  I decided I needed to make it immediately and went hunting through my stash and chose this fun print from the Twirl line by Me & My Sister for Moda.  I had a bunch of Mirror Ball Dots leftover and I picked out three matching colors and got sewing.  I already had a package of Soft & Stable on hand purchased for another project that never got started.  If you haven't used Soft & Stable, it was very easy to work with.  I'll definitely buy more.

Here is my bag modeling some quilting supplies!  Look at all of those great pockets - 6 in all - to hold whatever....
I needed some nice white cording for the handles and found some on eBay from tlollini.  Now I think it cost all of $2.98 or something for 3 yards.  Just plain old cording.  Look at the beautiful way it was packaged.....
It was like getting a little present.  I was very impressed, she could have just stuck this in an envelope and she went the extra mile!
I couldn't wait to show my bag to my daughter-in-law and I knew she'd fall in love with it.  She saw it, she fell in love and then she said "wouldn't it be cute in flip flop fabric?"  So, of course I went in search of cute flip flop fabric.  And, you know what?  There is lots and lots of cute flip flop fabric to choose from.  We settled on these two (one for the outside, one for the lining) and found matching chevron prints...

Too cute!!
Raqhel was sure stylin' at the beach this summer!
I however, didn't get to go the beach, so my bag still has quilt supplies in it - LOL!  (Don't feel too sorry for me - I've got a vacay coming up next month!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Very fun beach bags!